Monday, October 20, 2008

October 20, 2008

Woo hoo!! As you can see, I got to hold Bree this morning. It is so nice to hold her without the ventilator tubes. Hearing her little squeaks and grunts just melts my heart. It is so great to hear all of her noises, the fact that she can make noise now just reinforces the point of how well she is doing. She is now just on the nasal cannula, and is requiring about 35% oxygen when she is resting comfortably.


She is now up to 8 cc's of breastmilk every three hours, and I got to "feed" her again this morning while I was holding her. I held her for about 1.5 hours, until I had to get up to pump, eat and use the restroom. I wish I could sit and hold her all day long!


Our biggest monster (Riley) has had a super fun morning with her Grandma Gonce. I was informed that she ate a BIG lunch, played peek a boo, sang songs, and even got to play outside!
Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy, and in love with life!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is even more beautiful without all that stuff covering her sweet little face. I'm so glad you got to hold her today. That picture is very precious
Lynei

danielle said...

What a sweet picture of you & your gorgeous Bree. I am glad you were able to sit & hold her for so long, I am sure that was just so relaxing for you! Glad Riley is having lots of fun visiting Grandma, she looks soo thrilled in the picture! :)

Fiery said...

Awww she is far to cute for her own good... I am so glad that you were able to hold her for so long... I am sure that being close to you helped her alot.... Many more days of kangaroo care and she will be ready to break out of there...


Love Riley's smile and teeth... I just never can get a teeth shot out of my little one...

Anonymous said...

This is totally awesome news! You can see her whole cute little face now!....Yay! Cant wait to see her and Riley.

Anonymous said...

Ummm.....and you guys too! LOL

Scott said...

So precious and wonderful! I'm SO happy for you guys! Love you all! ~Aleasha

Anonymous said...

your beautiful picture just made me cry the happiest tears i have shed in a long time. How precious is she.

Riley is so cute!! She looks great in red!