Friday, May 8, 2009

GI and Pulmonology Appts

On May 1st Bree had her GI and Pulmonology appts at PCH. GI was first and she weighed in at 12 lbs, 10 ounces! Chunky monkey! She was also 24 inches long, which if you all recall is 11 inches longer than she was when she was born. She has come a long way!

With GI we got some good news and some not so good news. The good news is that she is growing exactly how they want her to be, and she is on track with working her way onto 'their' charts. (I think everyone uses different charts...really, I do!) The not so good news is that we are headed down the road to a G-tube, which for this time I am refusing to have put in. (You can learn about the G-tube by clicking here) In my heart I feel that once we start solids with Bree she will be able to get away from her NG tube. If time tells differently we will be getting a G tube, but for now I am following Bree's cues and my heart.

Onto Pulmonology! Are you ready for this? DUN DUN DUN! We no longer have to regularly see a pulmonologist! She still has underdeveloped lungs and probably some scarring in there from the ventilator business that happened, but for now they are not giving her any support or treatments so it is no longer needed. If for some reason, a problem arises we will go back but that's one more doctor appt I can cross off Bree's list!

Bree is doing great with her pureed foods and so far is following the same trends that Riley had: she loves green beans! I, of course, being the paparazzi mother of the year have many ooey gooey smiling pictures of her when eating that I will post for your viewing pleasure...right after I get done editing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just real often, Mommy knows best.
Who else knows your baby better than her parents? Sounds like she is growing nicely.
Love you all
Nana

Fiery said...

((hugs)) Glad to hear the appointments went well. You definitely know best what will work for your child. Sounds like she is doing well with feedings just keep plugging along and don't let them push you into anything your uncomfortable with.