Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Carrying on with my reminiscing

Here we are back on track with Bree's first months of life. We covered her first two months, then did some backtracking...and now we are here at November!

November brought us many visitors in our household. This allowed me to leave Riley with whomever was here so that I could spend much needed time with her. In the beginning of the month, Adam's mom, Wilma came to visit. She was even lucky enough to be able to give Bree a bath! Like she said "When else am I going to have a chance to wash a two pound baby? I hope never, but it was an experience I will never forget for sure!"

Bree crept over the 3 pound mark, and even got to start wearing some real clothes! (Okay, so they were super small preemie sizes and still looked big, but hey! the kid had been naked for two months!) After Adam's mom flew home, my mom flew in to help. My mom was amazing and helped out with Riley, did some laundry for us, and even made a few of my favorite meals. (There's nothing like your mom's cooking!)

Next, my stepmom Mindy, brother Caleb and sister Danielle flew out to visit. (We're still talking about November here...told you it was busy!) I was brave enough to let Mindy be the first person besides Adam or myself to feed Bree a bottle, and she did great! My brother was deathly afraid to touch Bree for fear of breaking her, and my sister took some time to warm up. However, Auntie did great with snuggling once she warmed up to the idea of it.

The end portion of November wrapped up with Bree breaking the 4 pound mark! She also was diagnosed with ROP (retinopathy of prematurity) and it was decided in the beginning of December that she would have laser eye surgery to correct the problem. On December 2nd she did just that....and came out great!

Speaking of eyes, I am going to wrap this up with a great then and now photo comparison...eye, yi yi!

 
 

No comments: