Thursday, December 4, 2008

December 4, 2008

Well, this is officially the one hundredth post that I have done! Whew, it is hard to believe that I have posted that much! Lots of information in all of those posts too...and there is more to come in this one.

I went and saw Bree today. She got her first bath since her surgery and she did pretty well. It did tire her out, but I was able to feed her a bottle afterwards. The last 6 cc's were a bit tough to get in there, but after Courtnee tortured her (ha ha...not really!) she sucked it down. All Courtnee had to do was to unwrap her and take her hat off. If she's not super comfy and warm, it tends to wake her up. I'll stash that in my little bag of tricks for when she comes home.

MILESTONE ALERT! Bree has, for over the past twenty four hours, drank everything out of a bottle! Her feeding tube has not been used since she came out of the anesthesia from her surgery. I am so proud of her!!!

Riley's lip is a little better today. It is a darker shade of red, but that means that it is healing. On a good note, she grabbed Nana's cigarettes today and said "Yuck!!" Let's hope that she continues that behavior and frame of mind!

Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy and in love with life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Bree is doing so well. I hope her swelling in her eyes has gone down since the pictures.

On another note......you sure Riley said 'yuck'? or was it 'uck'? One can never tell sometimes. (just wondering) lol