Monday, November 2, 2009

Rough road ahead!

Man, if I knew on Wednesday last week what I know now I would have informed you all that there was rough road ahead. I would have told you to buckle down and hold on for the bumpy ride! However, we have all come out unscathed, tired and a little dirty.

Thursday morning Adam went to meet our new landlord at the house to get the keys. We had asked repeatedly (about three times) if the new house had gas for the water heater. We had been told no about three times. Well, Adam showed up and Jack informed us that it does has gas. Oops! So, after a quick call to the gas company we found out the soonest we could get gas turned on would be Tuesday. So for right now we have bin baths, and cold nights. Bin baths consist of heating water up in our electric kettle (I highly recommend one...they work great for tea, boiling water to sterilize and clean, and apparently for baths) We even have the pictures to prove the bin baths:


 

I was even brave enough to take a bin bath...and let me tell ya! That thing is tiny!!! Adam, however, manned it up and took an ice cold shower.  On Saturday we took some time out of our busy moving day to attend our wonderful friends Pat and Danielle's wedding! They all looked great and it was a beautiful and fitting wedding.

 
We all dressed up for their wedding...I was a flower, Adam was a farmer, Riley was supposed to be a butterfly (but refused to wear her wings...they freaked her out!), and Bree was a messy bumble bee (I say messy because she was SUPPOSE to be being fed on the way to the wedding on her pump. Little did we know but she unhooked it and was waving it EVERYWHERE the whole way there. She was a mess, the car was a mess and her outfit ruined!) We plan on having some Halloween pictures retakes, lame I know, once we get the dryer plug switched out here so I can do some laundry. Here's what I do have:


 
After their wedding, we rushed back home to finish up the last few big loads of stuff, and to return the rental truck! At that point it was 7 pm and we still had small stuff to move, and to clean the old house. We had to be out by 12 pm. We did eventually make it...but did not finish until 1030 pm. Whew! Sunday was spent shopping for a table, visiting with Pat and Danielle for a bit since we were losers and had to miss their super fun reception and trick or treating, and a bit of unpacking mixed in there.

We are slowly getting settled in, but I can honestly say I feel like this is home. I have not ever felt this comfortable in a house this quickly, but I like it. After this being our fourth move in just under four years, I think we are done with moving. I have certainly had enough and I do not plan on moving until we have orders to move. (which is hopefully no time soon!)

So thank you for bearing with me in my silence. The blog is back up and running...never fear! 

No comments: