Monday, January 26, 2009

Family update!

Okay, okay, Bree first! I know you are all secretly dying to know how she is doing. She was at least smiling and wiggling this morning when our old NICU nurse (and friend) came by to visit. Jo-Lynn absolutely is in LOVE with Bree and Bree loves her too...you can tell by all the smiles she gives her.

Bree's feeds are up to 50 cc's every three and she is doing pretty well with that. The speech pathologist came up this morning and watched her eat, then had me try a few different things that will help her to eat more efficiently and not waste her precious energy. Also, the GI doctor came by and we are now waiting for her to poop on her own. He is thinking that maybe there was a partial blockage and with her diarrhea issues she had been having, that it may have flushed it out. If she is still not able to go on her own, we are going to proceed with some tests.

Riley is hanging out with our friend Danielle and her kids Aidan and Ivy right now. Adam was not able to take work off this week, so we are lucky to have friends willing to help us out. I am sure that Riley is running around and playing good and hard as I am typing! Danielle already told me that every time a jet flies over their house Riley says "Uh-oh!". Silly girl!

Adam has a BUSY week! Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday he has a class he has to go to. Thursday he has a meeting with the commander of his squadron because he failed his PT test, and Friday he has to go with his jet to depo...(don't ask what that is because I can't remember right now!) On top of that he is taking care of Riley himself this week. Hopefully, he is able to manage a-okay.

As for me, I am hanging in here. It is actually not that bad. Bree still sleeps a TON so I am able to run down to the cafeteria and grab food while she is sleeping. Once she is down for the night (after her 5 o'clock feeding) I meet up with our friend Anneke who is staying at the Ronald McDonald House here on campus. We share dinner together, and I am able to take a shower and freshen up a little bit before heading back to Bree's room to relax and watch a movie. Don't get me wrong, I miss Riley terribly, but it is for Bree's well-being that we are here.

As a family, we may be miles apart...but we still love (and miss!) each other in our hearts!

Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy and in love with life!

No comments: