Monday, January 26, 2009

On again, off again

Sooooo...Bree is back on her oxygen. The main doctor on staff here did not feel comfortable taking her off of the oxygen (even though she was doing great!) because she needs to use her energy for growing and not putting extra effort into breathing. I asked if we could have pulmonology called in for a consult on her since she already sees them and she is here and the answer I got was this : "I do not want to call them for a consult because it just creates a lot of paperwork for them."

HELLOOOO???!!!! Isn't that what doctors are suppose to do? If they aren't sure about a situation, or if it is not their area of expertise, aren't they suppose to consult with colleagues who are more experienced in what ever it is they are looking at? So, tomorrow morning, I am walking over to pulmonology and requesting that they come and see her. They will probably want to do a sleep study, which if we can do that in the hospital, that's great!

I agree that she needs to be using her energy as efficiently as possible, but I do not want her on oxygen if she does not need it.

No comments: