Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Da-Da! DANCE!"

Little Miss Riley is growing, changing and learning so many new things everyday that it is amazing! Just this morning, while cartoons were on (Mickey Mouse Club House to be exact), she screamed "HOT DOG!" when they started to do the hot dog dance. (For you non-toddler parents, it is a song and dance at the end of every Mickey Mouse Club House show that you do your own special dance to). Riley started dancing and shaking her little booty...she looked over at me, and from experience I started to shake the upper part of my body in rhythm to the music. Poor inexperienced Daddy didn't know any better....and Riley sure let him know! "DA-DA!! DANCE! DA-DA!! DANCE!!!" she chanted until he too started to dance to the rhythm of the music. However, he stopped and once again "DA-DA! DANCE!" It cracked me up!

I have recently gone through and organized all the WONDERFUL! hand me down clothes we have gotten for the girls and I had some left out still. Well Riley literally spent 45 minutes moving them from place to place. It was only ten or so items of clothing, but she would pick them all up, carry them to the coffee table and groan while throwing them onto the table. She would "fuss" with them, pick them up and carry them back to a small table behind our recliner, groan while putting them down, then repeat...over and over. I have no clue where that fascination came from, but it was 45 minutes of pure bliss (apart from the groaning every three minutes)!

I love this stage in Riley's life! She is so adventurous, but cautious at the same time. She has to run for the comfort of my arms whenever unsure, hurt, or even in trouble (even if it's from me!). She is my Riley, and I am her Mama....

No comments: