Friday, February 20, 2009

Blessed....

We are blessed beyond measure. Without a shadow of a doubt, I give all credit to God. He is the amazing one who knows exactly what our future holds for our family, and is responsible for our present.

Many different times this past week I have been told that we are blessed. We are blessed with an amazing little girl who has defied all odds, and is right on track (even ahead in some areas!) with what she is suppose to be doing according to her adjusted age. Bree is a miracle child. Plain and simple. I do think that every child is a blessing from God, but I do believe that people throw around the word 'miracle' a little too quickly nowadays. However, I think Bree is a miracle child. She has had her heart stop twice, and been revived twice with CPR. How many people can say that? Adam and I joke that we need to change her bedtime prayers:

"Now I prop me up to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
if I should die (and stay dead) before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take...

In Jesus' name we pray....AAAAMEN!"

Ha ha! (We have to prop her up to sleep because of her feeding tube drip that she gets at night) I wonder sometimes if I have a sick sense of humor. But, it is true...

2 comments:

Mommy Peters said...

It's a little twisted, but all in good nature! You are definitely very blessed! It's an amazing feeling to be so concious of God's work in our lives and to have living proof of His power right in our arms!

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs...this last one you posted was so funny. :) You guys have a great sense of humor. See you Sunday! Hugs. Cheri--ps-looking forward to getting together next week sometime.

Cheri