Monday, April 20, 2009

Cereal!

A few days before Bree went into the hospital this last time we gave her her first taste of cereal...and she loved it! So now she is getting 2 tbsp of cereal and 2.5 tbsp of pear juice all mixed together at 7 in the morning. We are going to start her on veggies here soon since she is doing so well with her cereal...

We are still giving her the same amount of formula so her calorie intake is actually going up for right now. We have a GI and Nutrition appt on May 1st, so we will have a clearer answer for if we are going to be going down on formula and up on foods..or what is going on. I do know one thing though, no matter what they say, she is continuing on the trend that she is. Even if they tell me to stop giving her foods I am not going to. She is doing well with what she has. Many many many micro preemies have massive amount of food and food sensory issues so if she is doing well, I am not taking it away! After I figure out how to save my videos from my phone on the computer I will share a video with you all of Bree after she had her first bite of cereal (oh boy was she happy!)

No comments: