Monday, December 7, 2009

Skip a dee doo dah...skipped last Friday!!

Oops! I skipped Friday! My best friend Ashley, her son (my godson) William, and their "Mah Maw Ego" (grandma who lives in san diego) came through town and stayed with us on Friday and Saturday. They are driving from California (where Mah Maw lives) to Florida (Ashley and William's new duty station). Ashley's husband Fred has been in the desert for the past 6 months on deployment and will be coming back into the States tomorrow. I got so wrapped up in the fun of their visit I forgot to post! So, needless to say, I had a great time with their visit and one of these days I will get around to posting pictures of all the fun we had!

I have been in a weird rut as of lately. More down days than up days, and no particular reason why. If it continues I am going to need to go to the doctor to get this all sorted out. I seem to always be saying I need to go the doctor when I am having a streak of bad days, but then things brighten up and I forget all about it. Ah, the joys of life!

Speaking of life, little miss Bree will be having her eye surgery on Wednesday at 730 in the morning! Yup...we are the first surgery of the day! Which is great, but makes it difficult for us to find someone to watch Riley. Dropping a wide awake two year old off at someone's house at 5 in the morning is not something I have people beating down my door volunteering for. So, Adam's *lovely* (dripping with sarcasm) work has scheduled him for a class on Tuesday night (which he was suppose to have off) and he will be at work from 3 - 11. He will be getting home about midnight and there will be no point in having him go with me to a surgery that he is going to sleep through. So, instead of trying to find a babysitter for Riley, Adam will be staying home with her while I go with Bree to her surgery. Needless to say, I am a tad bit nervous about venturing out alone with this, but I am sure I can do it. It's more the drive home I am worried about. However, life will go on no matter if I am nervous or not so I will make the best of it.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Tasha--just a quick note to tell you that I was having some serious down/dark days. My hubby travels quite a bit and when he was gone I had so much anxiety, I was having issues being an involved parent. Soooo...off to the doc I went and after some "chemical happiness" (which I'm told will be temporary) I'm doing MUCH better...just a testimony from a gal that's been there...
Also I LOVED the night before surgery poem!