Thursday, December 3, 2009

Typing and tape

Tonight as I was (and am) typing, Adam is taking his turn at taping. Taping Christmas presents that is! Being a military family has made us to where we need to get presents out pronto! That post office gets busy fast around the holiday season and the earlier we can get our presents out to the family the better! We are about 3/4 of the way finished so hopefully we can have them sent off to family by the end of next week.

Another type of tape we are dealing with right now is red tape. All the documents and papers necessary for Adam to be prepared to go to Korea for a year need to be filled out. He got his orders yesterday for Korea. He will be leaving in early September 2010. So, he will just miss the girl's bdays, and we will miss his. However, we have a few friends that have been through the Korea deployment already who are offering some wonderful advice and help.

We as a family knew this would be coming soon so it does not catch us off guard at all. However, as I am sure you can all imagine...the idea of being without a member of your family for a year is not ideal. Necessary for the safety and service of our country...but not ideal for the family.

Yes, he is not going to a "declared" war zone, but he is going to to South Korea...which is really close to North Korea. The leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-il, is not the most sane man on this planet and he likes to launch missiles and create nuclear weapons. So, tell me, would you feel safe if your loved one was sent there? (I have already had many comments of "at least he's not going to a war zone" and I am already tired of them)

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh Tasha, I just wanted to say that I will keep you all in my prayers. You are right, no matter where he goes it isn't ideal for your family... and it is always scary. I know I would be very nervous -- thankful he wouldn't be going the other way, but worried and scared no matter what. I have no advice, nothing more than big (((((((HUGS))))))) and many prayers to send your way.

Dana (FIA)