Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Personal

I have a few personal issues going on. Some are physical, some are mental (yeah, yeah...crack the jokes) but I am being serious. Since Bree was born I have struggled with postpartum depression issues. I thought that I was over it and done, but I guess not.

About a month ago I discovered a lump in my right breast. I monitored it for a week or so, then called the doctor and scheduled a visit to the gynecologist. (I needed to have my 'well woman' checkup anyways) The doctor that I had was not very open to hearing about the issues that I had, and didn't even take the time to check out the said lump. She told me that with the location and my age it was "probably nothing". I wasn't happy with that answer.

So I made an appt with my primary care physician on base (which was today), and upon asking me many questions, doing a very thorough exam, and sending me to get blood drawn decided that my hormone levels are still off from when I had Bree. The 'lump' I felt is an enlarged duct which is caused from the hormone imbalance. The anxiety issues I have been having are also related to the hormone imbalance.

So, I am still struggling with a form of postpartum depression that is manifesting itself in anxiety. I do need to go see a psychiatrist as it does affect my daily life and interaction with my kids and husband. I just want to be myself again. I need to be myself again. I can't wait to be myself again.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Hey Tasha. I think I've mentioned before that I hae experienced/am experiencing the same issue. I had a stretch of 2 weeks this past fall where I was unable to function b/c of horrible anxiety. I was a total mess! I saw my doc and was rx'd zoloft...lemme tell ya gal...it's night and day!!! So please know that you're NOT alone and I am praying for you (even though we've never met!)