Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Two year olds

...are wonderful, joyous, inspiring, silly, crazy, energetic, exhausting, playful, tiring, jumping, singing, dancing, running, hopping bundles of fun. They are like a little bi polar person wrapped up in this tiny little body. One minute they are dancing and yelling happily, next minute they are pushing their sister over and trying to stomp on her hand. Oh the joys of two year olds!

Riley is getting in her two bottom back molars so she has been especially fun lately. She really does have a great sense of humor and can be as cute as a button, but when bedtime rolls around...oh boy! We've tried keeping her up later but nothing seems to stop the hour long yelling and crying that occurs every night. I've been sticking to my guns about the bedtime routine though....she can only have her little lamp on if she needs reading light and once I am out of her room...I don't go back in. (unless she's doing something dangerous of course...like climbing her dresser drawers) I am hoping that these molars come in soon and I can have my usual two year old back. I don't mind the 2 or 3 timeouts a day..but the 9 to 10 everyday are starting to wear on me.

No comments: