Monday, April 26, 2010

Putting the fun back into it...

I am not sure where I fell off track, but I am sure glad that I recognized it. I used to pride myself on being the "fun" babysitter. I had the crafts, the games and I was not beneath crawling around and growling like a monster to find 'hiding' kids. I loved it, and so did the kids I babysat.

Somewhere between babysitting at 17 and having a two year old and one year old of my own...I lost the fun. I am not sure where it has gone. I think it is lost in piles of laundry, hours of lost sleep, and a massive pile of toys, most of which are broken or missing pieces.

I am vowing to start putting the fun back into my parenting. I am too busy multi tasking, doing schoolwork, or picking up behind the kids. Tomorrow I am going to set my timer in fifteen minute increments and STOP AND PLAY. 

I will get on my knees and crawl around like a monster. I will turn the music up and dance like a maniac. I will give my children my all. All of the fun. All of the laughter. All of me.

No comments: