Saturday, May 1, 2010

Caved

I caved. I couldn't do it. Bree doesn't understand that when she feels hungry she needs to eat. All she does is cry in a certain way that I am sure I can feel my heart breaking into little pieces. We did sweat it out today right up until bedtime. She only had 3 ounces of milk today, and a few bites of a ritz cracker. This afternoon all she wanted to do was to be held, and she wanted to cry. I couldn't do it.

So before bed, she got a energy drink calorie induced tube fed meal. Two ounces of milk is approximately 40 calories, 1 tbsp of peanut butter =  90 calories, 1 tbsp of honey = 65 calories, 1 scoop doucal = 40 calories, 1 tsp of olive oil = 40 calories all equals out to about 3.5 ounces of  "food" that is 275 calories. Which makes one happy Bree, and one happy Mama.

1 comment:

The Simmons Family said...

I wouldn't be able to do it either. Maybe just start with trying to feed her first, and then tube feed if she refuses? I'm sure you already do that.

I have made some delicious blends that Owen will chow on before he gets too tired to eat much.

Chicken Dinner
Cube chicken breasts
celery

broccoli
carrots
zucchini (whatever you want)
put it all in a pot with some chicken broth. Boil for 15 min.

I also made brown rice. Blended it all up and it was delicious! Owen loved it!

Breakfast...
Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
orange juice
banana
add some ice
(tastes just like a jamba juice and Owen drank it through his sippy)

I'm loving the blends. It's so much fun. Oh..and the Vitamix is my new LOVE! I brought it on vacation with us so I can just blend up tons of fresh produce, meats, nuts, anything! It was only $299 and has a 7 year warranty. Can't beat it!