Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A breakthrough

I hope I am not jinxing ourselves but I think we are on the edge of a breakthrough with Bree. She is starting to communicate more. I have been praying and hoping that she would start to express more with us, and lately in the past three days she's made improvements.

She shakes her head "no" to express herself appropriately. We are working on "yes" and she can do it when prompted, but not yet as an expression.

She does the signs for "all done", "more" and "milk" as she wants or needs to use them. We are working on "please" and "thank you".

She has started to sign along with "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Twinkle twinkle little star". She can only do one movement, but she is expressing interest in doing the moves with us.

I hope that this trend continues and I have more to report back to you later in the week!

2 comments:

theamaros said...

whoo hoo!!

Joy said...

WOOOOOOOOOOHooooooooooo!!!!