Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bree Marie Gonce

Bree Marie was born on September 10 at 10:00 pm via emergency c section. Her placenta abrupted and therefore she needed to be born at 25 weeks and 5 days. She weighs 1 lb 5 oz and is 13 inches long. She is on a regular ventilator and is on medication to keep her blood pressure up, but she is doing amazing considering her circumstances. She is at a different hospital than I am at so I have not been able to see her yet...She will remain in the NICU for the next three months at the least, for now we are taking it one day at a time. I am so proud of how well she is doing!

Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers! Today she started photo light therapy because of jaundice, but that is something that is very common and is not really something to "panic" about. Her respirator was lowered today from 44 bpm to 36 breaths per minute and she is still holding strong at 60 or so breaths per minute. So she is still fighting and being 'daddy's little soldier'...she still needs the surfactant treatments to keep her lungs open and is still on the blood pressure medication, but I have been told by numerous people that she is doing amazing for her age and her circumstances! I honestly give much credit to the prayers that everyone is saying for her...I think prayer is such a strong tool and I thank each and everyone of you for praying!! I will keep you updated!

Love,
Adam, Tasha Riley and Bree

No comments: