Saturday, October 11, 2008

October 11, 2008

Good afternoon!

Miss Bree got to try on her Halloween costume today...and it looked great! I do have to make a new hat for her though because the one I made is too small!! That is exciting to me. I made it based upon a hat from two weeks ago so it is exciting that she has grown! My aunt and uncle (Shrrene and Rick) met us at the hospital today to see Bree for the first time since she was born. They were able to see a size difference in her so she is definitely growing.

She started feeds of breastmilk again yesterday and she is doing so well they have already increased them. She started out on 1cc every 6 hours, and now it is 1cc every three hours. As long as she continues to digest what they give her, they will continue to bump up her feeds. When we were there today she was resting on her tummy and she looked so comfortable!

If we would have been there longer, I would have had the opportunity to hold her skin to skin, but we had Riley with us and it takes a while for the skin to skin holding. However, on Monday, our good friend (and AWESOME photographer!), Carrie Fay, is going with me to the hospital so we will get some great one month pictures of Bree. Hopefully, Bree is having a good day that day so we might be able to get some skin to skin pictures...

Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy and in love with life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome. I am so happy your little princess in progressing well, and it is so inspiring to hear her story daily, we continue to pray and our faith is growing as bree heals. I cannot wait to see the pictures!!

Fiery said...

awww I am sure the costume is cute... I can only begin to wonder what lil Bree will be for Halloween....