Friday, November 7, 2008

November 7, 2008



Hey hey hey! We are all having a wonderful day today! Riley got to have a playdate with Chelsea and Cheri while I went and saw Bree this morning. Cheri took the girls on a bike ride (she has one of those awesome little buggies that go on the back of your bike) to a local park and they both played for 45 minutes! After they got back Riley took a two and half hour nap!

Miss Bree is now three pounds, two ounces! They switched her from the high humidity nasal cannula, to just regular oxygen. So she no longer has any poles by her bed. The oxygen she uses is the one that they have in the wall....here's a picture:
The less equipment on her bed and on her, the better. It is plain proof to us of the power of God's healing upon her little body!

I got to give her a bath this morning. Afterwards Courtnee and I dressed her in her new pj's and wrapped her in her new blanket. My grandma's friend Stacy made Bree this adorable blanket with a little bee on it, and it is so precious!
Because of her bath, Bree was very tired and needed time to rest. Later this afternoon, she gets to try nippling! This means that they are going to try and feed her out of a bottle! SO exciting!! Tomorrow Riley, Uncle Rick, Aunt Shrenne, Andrew, Grandma Minard and myself are going up to see her and Courtnee said that if Bree does well today with nippling that I may get to feed her a little bit...now, learning to eat that way burns way more energy than the way she is fed now so she will only eat 5 cc's of so out of a bottle. She gets 23 cc's per feeding so what she doesn't nipple will be put down her feeding tube. This is a huge step forward for her...
I feel like I am missing something I had wanted to tell everyone, but I am sure I will remember later! Riley is cutting her top teeth so we have had a few days of excessively grumpy, yucky diapers, sleepy kid syndrome. Right now she is resting her head on my lap as I am typing!
Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy and in love with life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

14 MORE DAYS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am from the parent's.com boards. I follow Bree's progress. I just wanted to let you know that she is a blessing to me. I pray for her. She has a cheer leader in me!

Stephanie