Sunday, December 7, 2008

An unlikely first

As of lately, we have been talking about a lot of 'firsts'. Namely, Bree's firsts. Well tonight we experienced one of Riley's firsts. It was not one that most people remember or celebrate for that matter, but it is a first. It was Riley's bed time and we were letting her run around and play because she was still up for it. You know, to help wear her out just a little bit more. She started to come towards me...and then she lost it. Yeah, that's right...she threw up all over herself and the floor. Poor kiddo....she threw up about four more times that time. Mind you, this was the first time she has ever thrown up. :(

We let her rest on me (thankfully none on me!) and when she was settled down, we got her cleaned up, changed and ready for bed again. We made a bottle of 3/4 water and 1/4 juice to help to rehydrate her. No sooner than three minutes of laying her down in bed did Adam hear the tell tale noise....and I got to change her bed, and wipe it down with clorox wipes. Nana helped us out and got the laundry load started to wash everything all up.

This time, we let her rest for an hour before we tried laying down again...and so far so goood. She's been down for a half an hour and right after I get down writing this I am checking on her and headed to bed myself.

I hope my sweet little girl wakes up refreshed...and with a non-yucky tummy!

Hope this finds you happy, healthy, and in love with life!

2 comments:

danielle said...

aww :( poor riley baby! i hope she feels better today!

Anonymous said...

Poor Riley.. I hope she is feeling better. I hear there is a tummy virus going around.

Poor thing :(