Sunday, January 11, 2009

No one ever told me...

Before I had kids, I could watch scary movies about child abduction, or children being sick and dying with few problems. Yes, I would understand that it would be a hard place to be in if I was that person, but come on, it was a movie/show for goodness sake!

Now, my heart breaks and I end up sobbing over a hour long show. Adam and I were watching the latest episode of Private Practice and it hit home! Now, Adam and I do choose to vaccinate our girls and I do not want to say anything to offend those who choose not to. It is just that, it is a choice that one makes with their family's well being in mind. Well, on the show this mother had three boys and the oldest was autistic. She was convinced that it was the vaccinations that made her oldest autistic so she did not vaccinate her youngest two. Well, one of them got sick with the measles and ended up dying at the end of the show. It felt as though my heart had been ripped out as I thought of being put into the same position.

No one ever told me that you would never be able to watch TV the same again once you became a parent. Every child on TV magically will look like yours, and your heart will break every time something happens to them.

No comments: