Monday, March 9, 2009

Children = Laundry

So, Bree has a yeast rash. :( We have not been able to get rid of it!!! So, we are trying cloth diapers to help it air out and that is the best thing we have found so far for it. So lots of laundry is in order in my house. Here soon, she is going to be getting an oatmeal bath (when big sis is taking a nap), and we will start the cloth diapers for today.

Speaking of the big sis...she refused to wear a diaper this morning. I was going to just let her run around with pants on and when she wet, she would see that it wasn't pleasant. Well, as I was going to get some pants that would work for that (not jeans!!!) she piddled all over my kitchen rug. Once again, more laundry is in order!

I cleaned up her piddle and wrestled her into a diaper and a onesie so that she can't tear off her diaper. (in the process of wrestling, she kicked me, hit me, and even piddled on my leg a bit) So, now she has put on her new sandals (WHOLE OTHER STORY: tantrum in target over them..didn't want to try on any others, just those...we have to sneak them off while she is sleeping) and is asking to go outside in 55 degree weather. (too cold...for those of you in WA and OR it would feel like 40 ish)

I think that some big girl panties are in order so that she can learn what it feels like to piddle when you don't have a diaper on. I am not expecting potty training...just experiencing new things.....and lots of laundry!

5 comments:

Dinah jo said...

I do cloth diapers too. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm from p.com and I just started a blog so feel free to contact me.
Dinah

Kathryn said...

Tasha...oh my lands your babies are so cute! That pic of Riley sticking sun catchers on the window is priceless...LOVE all her jewelry! I cloth diaper my baby boy too...we've been in cloth for about 8 months and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! If you check out the March 08 babies forum at P.com there is a pinned post at the top that is called "All things cloth"...LOTS of knowledgeable ladies on there, with an addiction to cloth dipes. Keep posting the pics...I LOVE to see Miss Bree getting bigger and bigger!

Fiery said...

~ chuckles ~ I say if she doesn't want to wear the diaper you might as well start taking her to the potty. Hope the diaper rash clears up for Bree soon.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps if Riley doesn't want a diaper, she will be easy to potty train. Let's hope. You sure could use easy once in a while!!! Hope the cloth diapers work for Bree. Bree is getting so big. The pictures are great;so cute.
Take good care
Love you all
Nana

Anonymous said...

Tasha- love the new look!! I was hoping you'd win. YAY!! Just wanted to say that if Riley still has the yeast rash, do a layer of Lotrimin (yes, the athlete's foot stuff) and then a layer of Desitin or some other diaper rash stuff. Doing just diaper rash cream will actually make it worse. Lotrimin will clear it up quickly. We did it with Gabriel and it worked wonders. Good luck!!

-Robin