Thursday, October 15, 2009

Holding down the fort

The past week our house has been a fort. A fort of sneezing, barfing, temperature running children. Today was the first "good" day we had. Let's back it up a few days. Last Thursday we had our Happy Fall Y'all craft play date and that night Riley had a slight fever and cough. It was accompanied by a runny nose. Being the super kid that she is, she was well by Saturday.On Sunday, we laid a fussy Bree down to bed and I took her temp. It was 100...50 minutes later it was 102.4 and she was breathing wayyyyyy too fast. After a fun late night car ride (silly story), we ended up back home with both girls. Monday was all sickness and puking. Tuesday Bree would tolerate half strength formula at an ounce an hour. Wednesday was full strength formula at one ounce an hour. Today was 60 an hour...and this evening she tolerated 90! So, it seems like she is full steam now!

We have held off on therapies this week so we are hoping to jump back in next week with our fully re charged Bree! I happened to get the flu mist today and am not feeling too hot tonight so I am going to make Bree's feed for the night...and hit the hay myself! G'night!

3 comments:

flat yeast bread said...

I'm not even sure how I got here, aimless blog hopping I guess, but I just add you to my following list ;)Anyway, I sure hope everyone starts feeling better! A sick house is never fun!

Anonymous said...

Take good care. Hope all you need is a good nights rest; and hopefully you will get it. I got my reg. flu shot yest. OK today, other than a headache.

Marlene

Tasha said...

Welcome Loki Photography! Hope you enjoy reading about our journeys and day to day life!