Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A day of firsts

1. While in bed suppose to be napping, I heard Bree fussing so I went in to check on her. I found her sitting up in her bed! I had laid her down so she managed to get herself up into a sitting position...this is the first time that has happened!

2. We went on a walk to the park earlier today. Bree likes to lean over the side of the stroller to see the sidewalk passing beneath her, which apparently freaked Riley out. She proceeded to try and push Bree's head back, and when that didn't succeed she told her "Be careful! Gonna hurt yourself!!" (melt my heart) This was the first time Riley expressed true concern over what Bree was doing.

3.  With both girls seated at the table ready to start eating (or in Bree's case, looking at) their dinner, I walked down the hall to get bibs for them. I heard Bree sneeze, followed by Riley's sweet voice: "Bless you Bree!" (double melt) Riley's first time "blessing" Bree.

4. Riley was playing in her toddle tunes car, and was waving and saying "Goodbye!!! I am going bye bye! See ya later!" She got in her car, shut the door, then stood up and stuck her head as far out of the front as she could. She looked and Bree and said "Bye Bree! I love you!" This was the first time Riley has said I love you to anyone without prompting. (Just so you know, I am a giant puddle of melting goo tonight...too much cuteness and heartmelting moments. Heeelllp mmeeeee...I'm melllltttinnnggg! Insert out streched arm here.)

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love it! My big sister is my bestest friend in the entire world. She's the BEST gift I've ever been given...looks like Bree and Riley are gonna be great friends too!

Joy said...

AAAAAAACKK.. ::melting::
This makes me need a sibling for Robbie. Darn you and your cute kids!

And YAY for sitting up!

Aimee V said...

Awww.....what a sweet day! I was teary just reading your blog. I can imagine how you felt :)

Marlene said...

What a wonderful day for all of you. Riley certainly is talking a lot. Soooooo cute!!!