Monday, November 30, 2009

Prayers for Grandma

I would really appreciate it if you all could keep my Grandma in your prayers. She lost the eyesight in her right eye on Wednesday and after visiting the eye doctor found out today that she will be having surgery to repair a detached retina tomorrow morning. She was told that only 1 in 5000 ever have this condition and there is no known cause. Somehow her retina detached and folded itself in half...the surgery is tomorrow at 10:00 am pacific time.


My Grandma, (or Nana as Riley calls her), is the best grandma that there is. No really...she is. She can make ya anything you want or need, whether it be a blanket, some homemade mac and cheese or a new Christmas bow to hang out on the lights in the front of the house. (Can you tell I just hung the bows she made me last year?) She has the biggest heart you can imagine and would give you the shirt off of her back if you needed it. I have learned so much from her and I proud to say that in many ways I am like her. It is not just the color of our eyes that we share, but we both delight in helping others, making crafty 'stuff', and we both cherish and love our family.

We love you Grandma/Nana and we wish we were closer so we could come take care of you after your surgery tomorrow! We will be praying and sending eye healing vibes your way! XOXOXO!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'll be in prayer...please keep us updated.

Mommy Peters said...

I will keep her in my prayers Tasha, and you as well! I have a very similar relationship with my Gamma. I call her my kindred spirit. She's had some struggles with her health in the past few years and I know how difficult it is. Please keep thinking positively, she needs you to be the optomist for her! ((hugs))