Monday, November 16, 2009

A promised story

Bree christens Ya-ya



So, you are all aware that Bree has a g tube. Her g tube is right smack dab in the middle of her belly, which I have been told (and have seen) is a little on the odd side. We've had her g tube since July. That's (count em) July, August, September, October, and November...5 months. Not once in that 5 months have we had her g tube pop open and spew the inside stomach contents onto another person....that is until this last Friday. I asked Mindy to get Bree ready for bed and since Bree is such a wiggle worm on the ground she decided to sit Bree in her lap to change her. As soon as she got Bree stripped down and half into her jammies she lifted Bree into the sitting position, and her little tube popped right open and started spraying all over herself and Mindy! All I hear is "HEEELLLPPP! TASH! HEEELLLPPP!". I went rushing into the living room to see Mindy holding Bree as far away as possible and formula still coming out of her g tube! We got Bree cleaned up, and I went and got Bree some new pj's while Mindy changed clothes.

Round two! Mindy lays Bree onto the new jammies to change her. I do not know how it happened the second time, but it popped open again and ran all over Bree and her second pair of pj's for the night. Finally, on the third attempt we got her into clean jammies without any type of mess or accident! However, it was hilarious to see Mindy's face that first time I ran in to help her. Mindy does not do well with throw up, dirty diapers or anything in that form. So, the look of horror and shock on her face was true and real. I just wish I would have had my camera.

1 comment:

Joy said...

YICK.
Robbie's just oozes a little if it comes open. Haven't really had the "spewing" affect. Thank goodness!