Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Riley Spews....and a few updates.

Now, while not as exciting as the story last night, this one was still eventful. While my stepmom was out, she had wanted my cousin (her nephew) to come out and visit while she was here. So, on Thursday we decided to drive out to Queen Creek to go get him. For those of you who don't know, that is about a 2 hour drive. So, it is a really long drive for a 1 year old and a 2 year old. Riley had been cranky that day, but nothing too out of the ordinary. Just as we were reaching the exit we needed to take off of the 60, Riley started crying and screaming  for me like I had never heard it before. I thought it was just about being in the car for so long. So, I reached my hand back and tried to rub her leg while I was driving, hoping to soothe her.

Boy was I way off target on that one. Up came the lunch of spaghetti she had earlier in the day...all over the "counting" Lily toy, her and her seat. My stepmom Mindy, is not a throw up/diaper/anything nasty type of person so she was looking as far away from Riley as she could. We get pulled into a gas station, and I realize that I don't have a change of clothes for Riley. Crap. Well, good thing Riley and Bree pretty much wear the same size clothes! We squeezed Riley into the change of clothes I had for Bree and I proceed to clean out the seat and toy as much as I can. Ugh...so gross! Needless to say, counting Lily met the garbage can because she was so soaked in vomit there was no way I could follow her cleaning directions to "surface clean only with a damp rag". However, Riley felt much better after her little episode, and I got to practice the art of dismantling a car seat in order to wash it all.


In other news...yesterday with therapy Bree was on all fours and did lift up a hand and put it back down! She also was scooting her little butt forward a tiny tiny bit...there may be a slight peek on the horizon when it comes to Bree getting moving! Woo hoo!

No comments: