Tuesday, January 5, 2010

(mini) New Years Resolution

I plan on doing mini resolutions each month since the "year" resolutions never seem to work out. This month I am working on my language and speech. I want to speak more kindly to my children and husband. I find myself (and I am sure many of you do too) snapping at them too quickly,  raising my voice too fast, and getting irritated at the drop of a hat (or the whine of a voice). Namely, at a certain two year old:


The irritation normally starts with a face like that and whining of "Mommy! Mooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyy! Mooommmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy! Where are you?????" when she is directly below me, leaning on me and stretching up at me. I love her dearly, but my goodness can she quickly push my buttons!

So, deep breathing is my new friend this month. January is the month of deep breathing.

No comments: