Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In which I talk to (about) my sister.

I don't remember which blog it was I was reading (actually I do now, it was Pioneer Woman), but she said that when blogging you should act like you are talking to your sister. Now, my sister lives in Oregon and growing up I only saw her every other weekend. We have the same Dad, but different Moms...but she is my sister and that is all that matters. She is younger than me (she's 18) and we are both in different seasons of life. She is just starting college (ohhh I remember those days!), and has very busy days between friends, college, and trying to find a job.

I wish that we both had more time to talk to one another. However, every time I seem to get on the phone my children have this unrelenting urge to run around screaming, climb on counters or beat each other with baby dolls. So when we do talk it is mostly me hollering at the kids to "not do such and such" or "what are you THINKING?".  If we ever do get to talk uninterrupted we do talk well with one another. We can talk about just about anything. Like how much we love our Grandma's marshmallow/kix/ricekrispie/whitechocolate cookies, or her updating me on how our little brother's love life is going, or me telling her about the crazy things the girls have been doing.

So, since we don't get to talk very often, I will heed Pioneer Woman's advice and act as though I am telling my sister about the latest news with our family. So forgive me if I seem to rattle on forever...or tell about little random tidbits of information that don't seem to matter.

No comments: