Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bi weekly dr appts

Normally these check ups are the routine mundane (we like routine and mundane though!) "How ya doing? Yup, measuring great. Blood pressure is good...we'll see you in a few days" type of deal. However, today was a little different.

I was informed that my labs came back from when they tested me for gestational diabetes. I am good to go and do NOT have gestational diabetes. However, my iron is apparently on the extremely low side to which the doctor said "I am doing to write you a prescription ANNNDD give you some samples so that you can get started on those right away". I didn't even think to ask how low it was, but it's not like I won't see them in a week.

Lots of things set up for next week. They are doing an in depth ultrasound on Monday at 3 to measure Derrick (weight, etc) and to check my anterior placenta to see how it has affected the c section scars so we know what to expect at the c section. Luckily, I have an amazing friend (Anneke!) who is watching the girls so that Adam can go with me to that appointment. I think for Adam and I, it is even that more special to get to share in our excitement of seeing how big he is (anything that is bigger than Bree was is SUPER exciting to us!). I will get a steroid shot on Thursday, and then another one 24 hours later on Friday. The steroid shots will help to develop Derrick's lungs so that when he is born at 36 to 37 weeks we should be able to bring him home when I come home.

I can't believe that we only have 6 weeks left!

No comments: