Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Weekend in review

Whew! We've had a crazy last few days. Christmas was great, and we really enjoyed many special moments with the girls. I need to download the videos I took onto youtube for all the grandparents/nana's/papa's/yaya's to enjoy. :) We spent the morning at home, had an early nap and then spent the afternoon at Anneke and Felix's house. Their kids got an amazing water table for Christmas (that I am looking into for our kids) and the kids had such a great time with it. Only in Arizona can you play with a water table in December. I was actually too warm sitting outside in the sun watching them. Dinner was spectacular, (isn't it always when you don't have to cook it?) and Felix's homemade cheesecake for dessert certainly made this pregnant lady very happy.

Riley had had a cough on Saturday, but only once every two hours and was a little tired, but we had figured maybe allergies? She consistently got worse on Sunday and started to spike a fever. Both Sunday and Monday were rough with her. Tired, cranky, not wanting to be snuggled, but looking miserable. The highest her fever has gotten has been 102.5. Last night before bed I gave her a breathing treatment, and we ran the warm mist humidifier all night in her room. So far this morning she seems to be doing much better. No coughing, no fever and it sounds like her nose is draining instead of sounding majorly congested. She still looks sick with her little bags under her eyes, but I hope this is the beginning of the end.

Miss Bree was completely good and great until right before nap time yesterday. I was changing her diaper before nap and noticed her lips looked oddly dry and peeling. So I tried to wipe it off, but with every swipe there seemed to be more and more. So I just gave up and figured I'd check it later. I had an ultrasound to go to that afternoon so I didn't see her too much after nap but when I got home Adam had dinner ready and everyone was at the table. I noticed Bree's cheeks looked flushed and I was worried she had caught Riley's fever bug. However, no fever was found. Upon closer looking though, her flushed look was really a rash all over her cheeks, chin and upper lip. Her peeling lips were still there and yucky looking. We decided to look in her mouth with a flashlight and found the same peeling skin all inside her mouth and back of her throat! I freaked out (which is not common for me) and had Adam rush her to urgent care. All sorts of horrible ailments ran through my mind. The rapid strep test came back negative, and the doctor said it is probably a yeast infection of the mouth. She was sent home with liquid nystatin we are supposed to put on and in her mouth 4 times a day, and an antibiotic she is supposed to take by mouth. This is going to be fun...the non eating child taking nasty tasting medicine by mouth. Good thing I am not against restraining my kiddo.  This morning her lips looks worse, her tonsils look more swollen and she has a red patch on her left tonsil. I am going to give it a good 24 hours of the new medicine before we rush off to the doctor again.

So today is hang at home and watch movies day. Hey, at least the kids have all sorts of new toys to play with (and I get to wear pajamas most of the day!)! Gotta look on the bright side.  :)

No comments: