Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011...here we are!

Whew! 2010 was sure full of exciting times, and much growth for our family. I am not as organized or super cool as many of my blogger friends to be able to do a month by month run down of the past year for us. However, I do remember (and will always remember) 2010 as these exciting things:

 - Last year at this time Bree wasn't crawling or walking. She had mastered sitting up on her own, but that was it. 2010 has brought us not only a crawling master, but now a walking and running toddler.

 - Riley started preschool, and she LOVES it! She is definitely a child who craves attention, and constant structure so she has blossomed. I am very thankful to the help we get from Adam's parents to be able to give our children the opportunity to go to preschool. We would not be able to give them this ourselves.

 - We had a wonderful opportunity to have Adam's parents and the three "big" nieces and nephew visit us for 6 weeks this summer. I will remember it forever.

 - Many plans changed in our family this year. At the beginning of July I got an unexpected positive pregnancy test...and life hasn't been the same since!

 - We thought Adam was going to Korea for a year with him leaving in September, but with the high risk pregnancy we were able to file a humanitarian package and have him stay here with us. I honestly think I would not have made it this far without his help, love and support. He is an amazing husband.

 - My student teaching  was supposed to start in August, but with our surprise pregnancy we decided the stress, time and exertion of student teaching would not be beneficial and so we are holding off until August 2011.

 - My grandparents had a trip planned to come and help during my student teaching, but with it canceled I got to spend that extra time with them. :) It was made extra special by my grandma being able to be present for our "big" ultrasound when we found out we would be having a little boy!

I am sure that there are different things that stand out in Adam's mind when he thinks about 2010, but these are the things that I remember.

2011 will bring us many more new things that the girls will do, it will bring us a beautiful...ahem...handsome baby boy, and a stronger marriage and relationship between Adam and I.  Life is good.

No comments: