Friday, September 25, 2009

I've got a pretty wonderful life....

...it just hit me. I do have a pretty wonderful life. Regardless of how far Riley pushes the boundaries, I am thankful that she can. She can speak, and run, and jump, and throw herself on the ground voluntarily just to roll around screaming at the top of her healthy little lungs. Not to say that Bree isn't pretty wonderful herself, but being a mommy of a 'normal' child and a special needs child really causes me to take a step back and be thankful for what I have.

For the record, I have...

...a husband who adores me with all of his being.

...a husband who tells me at least once a day that I am sexy, attractive and/or beautiful.

...a silly little goose two year old that I am unable to resist when she says "C'Mon Mommy! Yet's Pyay!"

...a two year old that still loves to be "rockarocked" when it is sleepy time.

...a one year old who's smile can turn any gray day into a sunny one in an instant.

...a one year old who has more determination and drive than I have seen in most full grown adults.

I have so many things that many others do not have. I need to remember to focus on what I do have, instead of what I don't. Yes, we are having issues with finding a house, but at least we have a house to live in, we can pay our bills and we have food to eat. I am thankful and grateful for all that I have, physically and emotionally, I am present in this time and moment. :)

Oh...and I also have...schoolwork...that I should be doing at this time and moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, you are very fortunate; Both for what you have and for realizing that fact. Soooo many only dwell on what they don't have and forget all the blessings they do have. (think we are all guilty of that now and then) We are all truly blessed.

Marlene Ogden