Monday, September 21, 2009

Oh yes, I went there.

Bribery. I tried it on Riley and failed. We've always had a problem with getting her to drink milk. If I ever knew it was going to be such a problem I would have kept her on formula for much much longer....but hindsight's twenty twenty right? Anyways, we were eating lunch today (spaghetti with bread..and milk to drink) and Riley proclaimed she was finished. I cleared her plate and said "Take one more drink of your milk and you can be done." Oh, you would have thought I put a hot poker on her! The wailing, the sharp high pitched "NO! NO MILK!", the flailing...you name it!

So, I figured I'd try out something new: "Riley, Dora drinks all her milk. That's how she can go on adventures with Boots. You wanna be like Dora, right? Go on, drink your milk...". That was met with "No!!! No Dora milk!". So, after more wailing and flailing Riley was given a choice to take one drink of her milk or go to her bed to take a rest. Guess what she chose? Not the milk.

Fast forward to this afternoon and Riley and Ethan are playing with her new set of play food. (Provided courtesy of the birthday money my Mom sent her) Riley brings over a fake ice cream cone and proceeds to get right up in my face and tell me..."Mmmmm Ice cream. Dora eats ice cream. Yeah...Dora eats ice cream, okay?"

Sigh....I'll never win.

No comments: