Saturday, September 12, 2009

Clarification

I just wanted to clarify a statement that I made on my post last night. I wrote: "The first thing that popped into my mind was "No, she doesn't eat anything by mouth so how the heck am I suppose to give her cake? If I give her cake she will aspirate and end up with pneumonia so NO I am not giving her cake"." This was a little bit of a dramatization. (It's funny how you end up doing that in your mind)

Bree can have some things by mouth but it is not the way that normal kids can. She can have very small 'tastes' of things. She doesn't really enjoy it too much at times, but then there are times that it makes her happy to have some 'tastes'. We have to make sure that she is sitting up, alert and awake before even attempting to give her anything by mouth. This is so she lowers her risk of aspirating.

So, don't you worry your pretty little head about not having any fun birthday cake pictures to look at here soon....their party is on Saturday (19th!) and I plan on getting some good pictures! Even if it means smearing frosting on her pretty little face...I don't mind doing that. Not one little bit!

No comments: