Wednesday, September 9, 2009

To sum it all up...

I realized that I have dragged out the summary of Bree's first year of life a little more than I had intended. I snuck in some random posts in between, and with the imminent approach of Bree's birthday (TOMORROW!!!) I feel the need to wrap this up.

March - this month found us visiting when my not so little anymore sister came to visit. Danielle is now 17 and taller than I am. (sigh) However, Riley ADORES her E.T. (as she says), and Bree does too! We have the pictures to prove it:


E.T. was even nice enough to hold Bree while she got her ears pierced for the first time...

 
April found us visiting once again with Adam's parents and niece and nephew since the kids were on their spring break. The whole time, someone was sick...so we stayed near home and enjoyed each others company.
 
 
 
We dyed some easter eggs...

 
  
..and even I got to go have some fun with a ride on a jet!(it stayed on the ground the whole time, but was pretty cool!)
 
 
  
After our family went home, Bree came down with the bug that was being passed around and ended back up in the hospital with Parainfluenza 3...It's a yucky bug that affects your bowels, tummy and sometimes (if you're a preemie with crappy lungs) your breathing. However, even with that taking place, we made the time to celebrate Easter! I took Riley with me to work and she had a blast!

In May and June we took some time to relax and be silly amid doctors visits, and some new speech therapies for Bree.

 
  
  
July found us preparing for a vacation, and making a big decision for Bree. We decided that it would benefit her to have a g tube put in, and to get the NG tube out of her throat...and out of her nose! Here's a pre belly and post belly photo:
 
 
Bree came home on July 3rd...so...on July 4th we got all dressed up in our patriotic colors for a family photo!
 
 
The middle and end of July was spent at home...home as in Washington state. We remodeled Adam's parents house, and took some time to get some family photos.

 
  
We came home from vacation at the very end of July and picked up where we left off. Bree started physical therapy, and coupled with her early intervention services and speech therapy, we kept busy every week. This is where we are today...living day to day as a family. Riley is lovin on her sister more and more, and I am in awe of the relationship they are developing. Bree is growing and changing before our very eyes, and Adam is still my partner in crime that is most often, the laid back one in the relationship (which is greatly needed...I am a tad bit of an overthinker and overdoer...just a tee bit tho). And...he is very helpful and happy to oblige when asked to take a picture of me with my girls. My crazy, tempermental, perfect girls.

 

No comments: