Thursday, October 22, 2009

Roll with the punches!

I am a pretty flexible person. At least I see myself as such, and have been told by a few people that I am. That is why today when our speech therapist Stacy had to cancel our trip to the feeding seminar I just told her to not worry about it and to take care of her sick husband. Bree is going to the GI doc next week for a usual check up and I will talk to them about the idea to get their input. If they are okay with it, we will get the book and have a go at it! It's life...people get sick, schedules get arranged, and life goes on regardless of what happens.

Speaking of life, Bree did great with her MRI. We did not get to go back with her to see them put her IV in, or to put her to sleep with the anesthesia. We handed her off to a really nice nurse, and she took her back. We went and got some late breakfast at the cafeteria and headed back to the surgery waiting area right outside of the NICU. Adam enjoyed ESPN, and I enjoyed my DS. About an hour later they came and got us and took us back to Bree. Waking up from the anesthesia was scaring her so one of the nurses was holding her and rocking her. (I like it when they go the extra mile) I nicely, but promptly dropped all my bags and held my arms out for her and snuggled her like I hadn't seen her in days. After two or three scared crying fits, she settled right down and went to sleep. About fifteen minutes later, we were told we were good to go home. So home we went!

For her troubles today, she got a pink and purple glow sea horse that she is snuggling with right now! We won't have the MRI results until our scheduled appointment sometime next week. (They will call us and tell us our appt day and time) However, apparently nothing huge came up or they would have mentioned it. Whatever the results will be next week, we will just roll with the punches. We will continue to work with her, and push her to what we know she is capable of. She is beautiful, and she is ours! She will amaze everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bree is going to surprise everyone. You all do so well with all you go thru. Loves

Marlene

Kathryn said...

Awww...this post made me cry a little. I can just SEE you snuggling that sweet baby girl...I used to be a recovery room nurse (pre children!) and I loved to rock the babes that came through...well, as long as they weren't screaming :)