Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hump day!

Happy Hump Day everyone!

With Bree sleeping peacefully in her bed, I figure I would do an update for everyone out there in "internet land". Ha ha! I have to admit I have been a bit of a slacker this morning. I found this cheesy game on our computer called "Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii" and I got sucked into it. I have been playing it off and on since 730 this morning!!!!I just completed the whole game without even exiting out of it....I NEVER sit and do things like that, so it was nice for a change.

Bree update: If it's not one thing, it's another! Her lungs sound clearer, but she is running a tempature today. If that does not go away within twenty four hours they need to test her urine and her blood to screen for meningitis. Since her immune system is compromised from being sick there is a possibility she may have contracted it while being here. Ugh...I PRAY that that is not the case!

Bree also coughed hard enough that she threw up this morning (while on my shoulder)...poor kiddo. She is breathing harder today from the swelling in her nose and her little head bobs everytime she breathes, in additon to the retractions she is having. (Retractions are when she is pushing her little belly in and out to help her breathe and you can see her ribs when she pulls in..or retracts)

Our littlest monster did get a bath today, so she smells much better right now! She was starting to smell a little on the ripe side from all the sweating, and just general laying in bed. I know that I always feel better after a bath, so I hope it did the same to her.

A few people have asked me if Bree had gotten her Synagis shot. She has gotten one dose already and is due for her second one on February 17th. She qualifies for it automatically because of her super duper low birth weight and early delivery.

Adam is on his way here to relieve me, and he is going to stay the night here with Bree tonight. He was able to take the 10-day leave reg that the Air Force has, but he mentioned he thinks this is the last time they will let him use that reg for quite a while. (as if we use it excessively because we think it is fun to have our child in the hospital!) I am looking forward to being at home with Mindy and Riley tonight...I miss my "bub-bulllll" loving toddler! (Her favorite new word and thing are bubbles...)

Hope this finds everyone happy healthy and in love with life!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hugs and prayers for Bree, Riley Mum, Dad, Grandmas and all the family. Praying you have a better day and steps of progress and healing all around. In Jesus Name!

Margaret said...

You know I just put steps, and sometimes we are just taking steps sometimes there are mighty leaps. Praying for Gods best for progress today,steps or leaps. (I love leaps, myself)