Sunday, February 1, 2009

When it rains, it pours...



Three letters: RSV.
Seriously, Bree has RSV and we have been admitted to Phoenix Children's Hospital. Now we are in room 302, bed B. At least we keep getting bed B, because those are the beds that are by the windows. I prefer to see the sunshine, and to let Bree see it as well. It lifts my mood. :)
Last night Bree slept on Adam in the recliner while I slept on the couch. At 3 in the morning we switched and I held Bree while Adam slept. From 430 to 530 in the morning Bree had three apnea episodes where her monitor alarm went off. Now, mind you, she has to not breathe for 20 seconds for it to go off. So, after a breathing treatment for Bree, quick breakfast for Riley, and a short call into work for me, we headed off to the hospital. The rest, is history! We have been told that the shortest amount of time we could be here would be a week....
Bree is having a hard time with breathing, she is having retractions (pulling and pushing out her tummy while breathing), coughing, just yuckiness! So, I am here tonight...Adam has PT in the morning while our friend Danielle watches Riley for the day. I will go pick up Riley tomorrow night and stay the night at home. I will drop Riley off with Danielle in the morning, spend the day at the hospital, and Adam will go pick up Riley and so on and so on until Bree gets to go home. Since we have a child in the hospital, the military gives Adam ten days off for free (including weekends). This is a HUGE help!! I am reaching my limit on stress so to just have someone here with me will help.
Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy, and in love with life

3 comments:

The Pentz Family said...

I'm crossing my fingers that she gets better very soon! I wish I could do more to help you but I'm confident our prayers will help! Hang in there, Krista

Anonymous said...

Im so sorry Tash. I know this has to be so stressful. I wish I were closer. If you need me to, I am able to take vacation time starting again on Monday. Just need to find someone to stay with the kids.

Anonymous said...

Tasha,
So sorry Bree is back in the hospital again. :( I sure hope she gets the care she needs and gets better quickly. Your family has been through so much! I know we have never met in person, but I am in the Phoenix area (Scottsdale) and if you need anything, please let me know. Seriously, you can email me. I would love to meet you! I think you are such a strong mommy! My email is:aimee@veroselectric.com
Hang in there and take care!