Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Quick update!

Mindy aka "Grammie" is here...and just in time too! With Bree getting worse they are starting a new method of treating her RSV. She now gets Pulmocort (I think an inhaled steriod??) every other time with her breathing treatments. She is also receiving an oral steriod. The nurse told us that the steriod will help to reduce the swelling and inflammation in her lungs. It will not "cure" her RSV, but will make it easier for her to breathe and for her body to start to heal itself.

I hope and I pray that this works! I am gettin Bree all snuggled in her bed and comfy as she has been up since four thirty, which is a while for her. She is not having it though, she is just being wiggly, fussy, and doesn't seem to know what she wants. My poor love...I hope that this is not a prediction of what our night is going to be like....

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tasha,
Let's hope that Bree responds to these new treatments. Poor thing, I feel so bad for her and for you. I am sure you are exhausted! I am glad your stepmom came so she could help you guys out. I didn't know that you worked, I don't know where you find the time! Really, if you need anything, please email or call me!!

Jen said...

My son was in the hospital for RSV when he was a month old. He is now almost 5 months and we are down to 1 breathing treatment a day and that is the pulmucort. But if he starts coughing or wheezing we start the albuterol and up the pulmucort treatments. It is so hard to watch them when they have RSV and feel so helpless. I hope little Bree has a turn around soon and you guys are able to go back home. Lots of hugs and prayers headed your way.

Amy said...

Hey Tasha,
Been following your blog and praying that Bree recovers quickly!! I have a quick question if you have time....how did you get the music on your blog? LOVE IT!!