Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday!

Seven pounds and four ounces!! That is how much Bree weighed today. She is doing okay, Adam stayed with her overnight while I went home with Riley. The doctor did say today that her lungs are beginning to sound congested (NOO!). We were hoping that it would just stay up in her sinuses because her lungs are so premature that they can't handle much. Her lungs are at a disadvantage because of two reasons: 1. just from being premature they weren't fully developed to begin with, and 2. being ventilated as long as she was (1.5 months) made her lungs have some scarring, which leads to compromised lung function. Besides that, not much has changed with Bree. She sleeps almost constantly, waking up for ten minutes or so when we change her, but that's it. Let's all hope and pray that it is a healing sleep...

Last night, Riley and I had a few errands to run, then went home to play and then after Riley went to sleep I cleaned. Our house was a disaster zone! I did four loads of laundry (wash, dry, fold, and put away), swept, picked up toys, took out garbage and recycling, did dishes, and cleaned out both of our cars. Unfortunately, there is still a couple things left to do. Thankfully (!!!) my stepmom is flying in today to help us out with Riley and all this stuff we have going on right now. She will be here until Saturday evening so that should give us enough time to make it close to when Bree will be coming home, hopefully. Riley will love seeing her...last time she saw her Grammie she took to her right away!

With Bree being sick the past two weekends I haven't been able to work (I only work on Sundays) so I am not getting paid, which we count on that little amount of money. Riley still can't go to work with me, because we don't need her getting sick since you can get RSV more than once in a year. (She would have to be in the nursery around other kids if she went with me) The last thing we need is revolving hospital visits...so hopefully this will resolve soon and I can get back to work.

Please pray for Bree's healing of RSV. Pray for easement of her pain and suffering, our peace of mind, and the strength of our family to withstand these trying times. Thank you so much!

Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy and in love with life!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Praying for all those things you mentioned in agreement with you. In Jesus Name Amen ((((((Family)))))

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say, my daughter had RSV last winter and was in PICU, etc, etc. According to my docs, they are usually worst by day 5 from when they started acting sick and then start to get better. My dd was also vented and had a pneumothorax as a newborn. Is Bree getting the RSV shot? Emma was too big to qualify. Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.